Pea gravel is an attractive and versatile rock that enhances various golf course and sports field projects.
- Sized similarly to “peas,” this gravel is commonly used in drainage systems and golf course bunker construction.
- Also known as pea shingle, it offers a range of appealing colors, including brown, blue, red, and grey. Its smooth and rounded shape allows for easy contouring and leveling without sharp edges or lumps.
- While it may not interlock as firmly as some materials, its small size allows for compaction, making it a preferred top layer for its aesthetic appeal.
- Notably, pea gravel serves as a drainage blanket during greens construction, ensuring efficient water flow.
- Thoroughly washed to eliminate fines and clay particles, 3/8 pea gravel ensures optimal drainage capabilities.
- Rigorously tested to meet the stringent specifications of the United States Golf Association (USGA), guaranteeing its quality and suitability for golf course projects.